We are proposing a post-doc position on the PLANTIBIO research project with the aim to foster knowledge on antimicrobial resistance and potential impact of antibiotic use in plant health.
This position will be granted in the frame of a collaborative research project between the European Food Safety Authority and the Earth&Life Institute & the Louvain Drug Institute at UCLouvain. The project aims at reducing risk assessment uncertainties by data collection on antibiotics for control of plant pathogenic bacteria.
We are looking for a highly motivated and team player researcher (university degree –PhD in Life Science, Microbiology or Pharmacy) interested in a research with both applied and fundamental issues.
Position for a six months post-doc grant, possibly extended for one year.
Expectations, responsibilities and duties
- Lead a research line in the project in interaction with the research team
- Willingness to perform a successful post-doc
- Theoretical and practical knowledge in microbiology and molecular biology
- Previous expertise on antibiotics or antimicrobial resistance considered as an asset
- Good command of spoken and written English is expected
For further information, please contact Pr C. Bragard (
Please send your application as soon as possible, before May 15 at the latest, via e-mail at the same address or at
Pr C. Bragard
Applied Microbiology, Phytopathology
Croix du Sud, 2 bte L7.05.03