We are looking for a well-organized Purchasing Officer to join our Central ArcelorMittal R&D finance team. As a Purchasing Officer, you will carry out all tasks allocated by Head of Capex & Purchasing, which includes conducting research on potential vendors and suppliers, managing local- regional and global contracts, updating records and performing global supplier evaluations and performance improvement actions. You should be able to negotiate the full package of pricing, terms & conditions, transport costs, etc.
To be successful as a Purchasing Officer you have excellent organizational skills. You are a good negotiator with a keen eye for detail. Social skills and effective communication are very important as you are working in a multinational environment.
Purchasing officer responsibilities :
Purchasing officer requirements :
According to ArcelorMittal Global R&D values:
- You agree to comply with health and safety rules
- You are respectful, transparent, honest and empathetic in your relationships. You honor your word and your commitments to others
- You agree to behave consistently with the highest level of integrity
- You strive to question your practices. with high expectations of yourself and others, You strive for a high level of quality and reliability in everything You do.
- You recognize that diversity, varied skills and fresh ideas make a group exponentially better in the pursuit of a common goal
- You know that learning changes minds and lives, so You are committed to learning throughout your professional career and continually achieving the skills required and essential to your success
- You are open to ideas that challenge conventions and stimulate innovation
Join us and you will see that your work will help create renewable energy, impact major industries and boost economies. At ArcelorMittal, we'll help you create your world.
Attractive remuneration with stimulating career prospects in which eminent scientists and engineers evolve in a multicultural environment
About UsArcelorMittal is the world's leading steel and mining company, with a presence in 60 countries and primary steelmaking facilities in 17 countries. In 2020, ArcelorMittal had revenues of $53.3 billion and crude steel production of 71.5 million metric tonnes, while iron ore production reached 58.0 million metric tonnes. Our goal is to help build a better world with smarter steels. Steels made using innovative processes which use less energy, emit significantly less carbon and reduce costs. Steels that are cleaner, stronger and reusable. Steels for electric vehicles and renewable energy infrastructure that will support societies as they transform through this century. With steel at our core, our inventive people and an entrepreneurial culture at heart, we will support the world in making that change. This is what we believe it takes to be the steel company of the future. ArcelorMittal is listed on the stock exchanges of New York (MT), Amsterdam (MT), Paris (MT), Luxembourg (MT) and on the Spanish stock exchanges of Barcelona, Bilbao, Madrid and Valencia (MTS). For more information about ArcelorMittal please visit: http://corporate.arcelormittal.com
About the TeamResearch and development are central to the strategy of ArcelorMittal, the leading innovator in the world of steel, and are the group's technological mainstay. With 11 sites worldwide dedicated to research, ArcelorMittal employs more than 1,500 researchers. They are developing the next generation steels and solutions that will offer our customers a broad range of new options. ArcelorMittal's research centres are targeting continual technical advances for the automotive, construction and general industry sectors, as well as for steel production processes.